- Sarasota County Schools
- Employee Wellness
National Nutrition Month
Good afternoon - March is National Nutrition Month!
If you have been feeling sluggish lately, it may be your body’s way of telling you to eat more nutrient-rich foods. Good nutrition, along with keeping physically active, sleeping well and managing your stress, is important to healthy aging and reinforces your body’s first line of defense against stress and illness. March is National Nutrition Month, and included below are several resources on healthy eating.
NEWSLETTER (click here)
Please find the Florida Blue March 2021 Wellness Newsletter PURSUIT. The highlights are:
- Good Vision is No Accident
- Gut Health Influences Overall Health
- Recipe – Roasted Salmon with Smokey Chickpeas and Greens
- Healthy Words of Wisdom handout on Nutrition (click here)
- Tivity Health Gym Membership Program for Fl Blue members – new members pay no enrollment fee through March 31st! (click here)
Check out the Florida Blue blog. This month Florida Blue focuses on:
- Eat right, feel better and age well during National Nutrition Month
- Stay Healthy for Less with Blu365 Deals
- And a LOT more
You can register for multiple webinars and will have the ability to download certificates of participation for the webinars you attend to use for Prevention Pays. All times are EST.
- Color Your Plate: Fruits and Vegetables
- Wednesday 3/10 – 5:00pm – 6:00pm – Register here NEW – AFTERNOON TIME
- Eat Well for a Busy Life: There are many ways you can save time in the kitchen and still eat delicious, healthy food. Discover the 10 secrets to cooking healthier along with valuable timesaving tips. Learn strategies for choosing nutrient-rich foods when eating out, and take home some delicious recipes too.
- On Demand Click Here
- Allergies, Asthma & Sinus Conditions
- Wednesday 4/14 – 5:00pm – 6:00pm – Register here NEW – AFTERNOON TIME
HEALTHY NUGGETS (Short videos)
- Quick healthy lunch & snack (5:10) – Eating healthy does not have to be expensive or time consuming. Learn the tricks to help you make a healthy meal and snack in just a few minutes. Bon Appetit! – Click here to view
- Feeling like your meals look and taste the same? Check out these revving up recipes
FLORIDA BLUE CENTERS
While face-to-face access to our Florida Blue Centers is still not available, virtual support, services and events are available (some in Spanish).
- Sarasota location
- You can also call 1-877-352-5830 to be automatically routed to your local Florida Blue Center.