- Sarasota County Schools
- Employee Wellness
January Take 10! - "Master your Motivation"
January Take 10! "Master your Motivation"
In January, many of us start the new year with renewed motivation to make positive lifestyle changes. Set small, obtainable goals throughout the year to help you stay focused and motivated. Also as you plan ahead for 2020, be sure to take a moment to reflect on your personal and professional accomplishments for 2019!
We are encouraging everyone to “Take 10!” – take at least 10 minutes for yourself to focus on your own emotional well-being. Below are some programs and resources to help you master your motivation and stay focused all year long!
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Work-Life Services: Free and confidential short-term counseling and assistance with everyday issues for Sarasota School employees and members of their household.
- Call 1-866-440-6556 or visit www.humana.com/eap and use “scs” for both the username and password.
- Click here for the EAP and Work Life Services Brochure
"Master your Motivation" - in person seminar: If you’ve attempted to lose weight, eat better, exercise regularly, manage stress or make other health improvements in the past, you may have experienced setbacks or been frustrated due to lack of motivation. This presentation will help you define your powerful motivators and leave you with strategies to help you reach your goals.
- Landings, 1/21 at 4:45pm – 5:30pm in Blue 219*
"Finding Motivation" - article: Motivational articles are everywhere; whatever your goal, the secret to accomplishing it is to make the process or journey a positive one. This article talks about creating positive feedback loops to help you stay motivated.
“Inspire Your Inner Drive to be a Better You” - article: Personal empowerment enables you to feel more confident, embrace life more fully, and feel more alive. By empowering yourself, you can inspire others to do the same. This article provides 9 ideas for a more empowered life.
"What's Your Motivation Style?" - self-quiz: Take this short quiz to determine your motivation style.
"The Brain Changing Effects of Exercise” - Ted Talk: Neuroscientist and speaker, Wendy Suzuki, has researched the science behind the extraordinary, life-changing effects that physical activity can have on your brain. Wendy discusses the science of how working out boosts your mood and memory.
"Exercise Anywhere" - webinar: Following this presentation, you will know more about the benefits of exercise and some simple exercises that can be done anywhere!
Monthly Wellness Challenge:
January Staff Wellness Challenge: Challenge starts January 13th and ends February 1st. Each day a specific task is given. If completed, initial the corresponding box. Complete at least 90% of the activities (18 out of 20) to be eligible for the drawing prize. Submit your completed form to your Wellness Champion by Friday, 2/7. Your Wellness Champion will submit the names to be entered into the drawing. Click the link for more details.Click here for challenge details.
- HealthyWage Weight Loss Challenge: Join Sarasota County Schools in the January 24, 2020 School Team Weight Loss Challenge! Click here for more info and to sign up.
Additional Wellness Opportunities:
- Website: Employee Wellness provides a variety of opportunities throughout the year. Check back often, as new activities are added regularly.
- Gym Membership Program: Florida Blue members have access to a network of gyms for $29/month, plus a one-time $29 registration fee. Click the flyer for details.
- Fitness Classes: Free Yoga classes available at 3 locations (Suncoast Polytechnical HS, STC North Port, and Oak Park), and Tabata at the Landings. Please click the link to register.