- HR Overview
- January 7 2022 – An Important Message for SCS Employees
- Application Overview
- Search and Apply For Jobs
- HR Generalist Cost Center Contacts
- Departmental Contacts
- Background Screening Information
- Benefit Guide
- Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Emerging Educator
- Employee Forms
- Employee Handbook
- Employee Verification
- Equity Procedures for Employees/Applicants/Students
- HR Connections
- Job Descriptions and Salaries
- Leadership Development
- Pre Service Teacher Internships
- Pre-Employment & Post-Offer Background Checks
- Preference Survey
- Professional Development
- Reporting Educator Misconduct
- Sarasota County School District Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Self-Reporting Criminal Situations
- Social Media Guidelines
- Substitute Teacher Information
- Teacher Evaluation
- Teacher Out of Field List
- Testing Information
- Tuition Assistance
- 2021 School Related Employee of the Year
April Take 10!
Working on our emotional health and well-being is just as important as taking care of our physical health. Having good emotional health is about having the skills and resources to manage the ups and downs of day-to-day life.
We are encouraging everyone to “Take 10!” – take at least 10 minutes for yourself to focus on your own emotional well-being. Below are some programs and resources to help.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Work-Life Services: Free and confidential short-term counseling and assistance with everyday issues for Sarasota School employees and members of their household. EAP can help with a variety of topics, including anxiety, stress, family relationships, etc. Humana also offers a variety of work-life balance resources through the EAP website.
- Call 1-866-440-6556 or visit www.humana.com/eap and use “scs” for both the username and password
“Emotional well-being in times of uncertainty: Coping with the stress related to COVID-19” webinar presented by Humana:
- Key points addressed in this webinar:
- Identifying strengths and sources of resiliency and support to leverage during challenging times.
- Tips for supporting others, including children and teens.
- Strategies for resilience and emotional well-being, including using the EAP and Work-Life Services.
- Click here to watch webinar
“Emotional Crisis. 5 Ways to Spot, 5 Ways to Help” article: Anyone can experience an emotional crisis, and it can be difficult to know what to do. Whether the person is battling a mental illness or struggling through an immediate emotional situation, you may be left feeling confused on how to respond appropriately. Even if you cannot solve the problem, there are ways to offer a helping hand.
“How to Practice Emotional First Aid” – Ted Talk Video 17 mins: Check out this informational Ted Talk on practicing emotional first aid and maintaining psychological health.
“What’s Your Communication Style?” quiz: Take this 10-question quiz to find out your communication style.
Monthly wellness challenge: Each month will have a ‘challenge’ to help support your emotional well-being.
Write four encouraging notes or emails to friends or colleagues. Staying connected can help support emotional well-being.
April Step and Wellness Challenges start Monday, April 6th and end Saturday, May 2nd. Each day a specific task is given. If completed, initial the corresponding box. Complete at least 90% of the activities to be eligible for the drawing prize. Submit your completed form to your Wellness Champion by Friday, 5/8. Your Wellness Champion will submit the names to be entered into the drawing.
Participate in one for both of the following challenges: