What is the Purpose of Title I?
The purpose of Title I is to provide supplemental funding that may be used to provide additional instructional staff, professional development, extended learning programs, and other strategies for raising student achievement in high poverty schools.
Critical program elements of Title I Schools:
- Comprehensive needs assessment and schoolwide plan
- Support for Title I Focus and Priority schools
- Support for neglected and delinquent and migrant students
- Coordination of services for homeless students
- High-quality teachers and paraprofessionals
- Professional Development