- Emma E. Booker Elementary
2022 Florida Prepaid Open Enrollment is Here
SARASOTA COUNTY, February 12, 2022 – Florida Prepaid is the largest and longest-running prepaid college program in the nation, with more than 1.8 million plans sold to-date. Florida Prepaid allows families to prepay – on a monthly or lump-sum basis – the future cost of college tuition, specified fees, and dormitory housing. Every Florida Prepaid College Plan is guaranteed by the state, meaning families can never lose what they put into their child’s plan. The time for families to lock-in the future cost of college is NOW!
When you enroll in a Florida 529 Prepaid Plan now through April 30, 2022, you’ll earn $125 for each year of college or university purchased - up to $500 total.
2022 Florida Prepaid Open Enrollment Details:
- Florida Prepaid offers five plans, starting at $45 a month for a newborn:
- 4-Year University Plan – Starting at $180.51 a month
- 1-Year University Plan – Starting at $45.16 a month
- 2 + 2 Florida Plan – Starting at $144.81 a month
- 4-Year Florida College Plan – Starting at $115.9 a month
- 2-Year Florida College Plan – Starting at $53.70 a month
Fast Facts & Key Points:
- Florida Prepaid Plans don’t lock families into attending a Florida college or university. Every plan is built to work wherever a family’s child attends, whether in-state, out of state, or in a public or private institution.
- If one child does not use their Prepaid Plan, the Plan can be transferred to another child. Families can also get a full refund of any money paid in and not used.
- A beneficiary has up to 10 years after high school graduation to use their Prepaid Plan.
- Florida Prepaid Plans and scholarships can work together to cover higher education costs. Families can also use a Prepaid Plan to cover other college costs like graduate school. Or families can get a refund for what Florida Prepaid would have paid out on their plan and use that for housing, supplies, etc.
Saving for college is one of the many important steps you can take to secure your child’s future. Florida Prepaid is here to help you make that possible. To learn more and enroll today, visit https://bit.ly/3smnX9H.
Florida Prepaid has earmarked a 2-Year College Plan scholarship for one fourth or fifth grade student enrolled in a Sarasota County School. Ask your school counselor for more information! The application due date is April 30, 2022.