- Venice Middle
VMS Updates 3.23.20
Dear VMS Families and Staff, this is Principal Tomas Dinverno, calling with some updates and reminders.
First, I want to let everyone know that I have been thinking of our VMS community during this difficult time. I recognize that this is an extremely difficult and challenging time for all our students and families. It is very hard to explain everything to our children when it is difficult as adults to fully grasp everything we are experiencing. Let’s all remember and practice patience and safety during our day!
Here are a few key points that have been communicated from the district/state last week:
- Online learning for all our students starting Wednesday, April 1st
- Schools will not reopen until at least April 15, yet Florida Department of Education will update that information in the next couple of weeks.
- The Florida Department of Education has canceled all state testing.
- All clubs, sports, field trips are currently cancelled, with refunds scheduled for field trips.
- Any/all children 18 or under will be provided meals (lunch as well as breakfast for the next morning) starting on Monday, March 23. The meal service will run Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. each week until schools reopen. Children must be in the car for parents and guardians to receive a meal. The closest locations will be open for drive-up meal service to VMS:
Garden Elementary School -700 Center Road, Venice
- Please also visit All Faiths Food Bank at org
These are unprecedented times and I want to thank you for your patience as we work towards making online learning a positive, successful experience for your child. The district sent has information on the announcements section of the SCSB website discussing the transition to online learning for all our students starting Wednesday, April 1st.
Internet Essentials program is available to anyone who needs internet connectivity in Comcast service areas. Please go to www.InternetEssentials.com as quickly as possible to begin the connection process. If you need a laptop, please let the school district know by completing the Mobile Device Needs Survey, found at www.sarasotacountyschools.net/deviceneedssurvey.
Additionally, be sure to pay attention to your email, calls from the district, the district website, and follow the Facebook page for Sarasota County Schools for all pertinent and up to date information.
Take care of yourselves and know that I am thinking of you 😊