STC offers FIVE Adult General Education Programs to help students earn their GED®, High School Diploma, or improve basic and academic skills.
1) Adult Basic Education (ABE)
2) Adult High School (AHS)
3) Applied Academics for Adult Education (AAAE)
4) English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
5) GED® Test & Preparation
Programs provide a systematic approach for remediation or skill improvement using the following model:
• Pre-test/placement test
• Diagnosis of test results
• Goal setting for career pathways
• Evaluation of student progress (post-test)
To accommodate different learning styles, each program uses several instructional approaches and a variety of multimedia equipment and materials. Specific modifications for students with special needs can be made on an individual basis.
Programs are offered on the STC Main Campus as well as at other sites throughout Sarasota County.
All Adult General Education Students MUST:
- Be at least 16 years of age and withdrawn from high school;
- Pay tuition fees.
*TUITION: $45 per semester