2023-24 COVID-19 INFORMATION
- The Sarasota Department of Health (SDOH) will not be conducting contact tracing for COVID cases in Sarasota County Schools.
- As such, the School District will not be tracking positive COVID cases in the district and will no longer be updating the COVID dashboard on the district website.
- The SDOH will not request a quarantine period for any student or staff who are exposed to COVID.
- If a student or staff member tests positive for COVID, the SDOH recommends that they stay home for five days and are symptom-free (fever free for 24 hours without fever-reducing medication) before they return to work or school. We cannot force people to isolate themselves from work or school.
- COVID will be treated like any other illness. If you are sick, you should stay home from work/school. Employees who are out sick for any reason should utilize their accumulated sick leave to cover their time off.
School Health Services
Maureen McCarron, Supervisor
Phone: 941-927-9000, ext. 34331
Florida Department of Health Sarasota County
Karen McCormack, Supervisor
Phone: 941-927-9000, ext. 32101