Remote Learning Resources Classroom Remote
Updating and Email Address or Password in the Family Access Portal
The videos below will introduce you to the remote learning experience
- Message from Dr. Kingsley
- Viewing Resources in Multiple Languages
- How to: Prepare Student’s Workspace
Remote Learning Student Set-up
Use the links below to help get set up for remote learning.
- How to: Login to an SCS distributed laptop – Video
- How to: Login to an SCS distributed laptop – PDF
- Parent Acknowledgement
- Acknowledgment of COVID-19 Procedures
Common Free Downloads
These applications are commonly used in the traditional classroom setting. Please be sure to have these free programs installed on your personal computer for the best remote learning experience.
There are many options when it comes to devices to use for remote learning. The hardware below will provide the best remote learning experience.
- Windows 10 or Mac OS X
- Webcam (or webcam built into the computer)
- Headphones (optional)
- Tablets (Android/iOS) are not recommended
My SCS is the website that students can sign into to access all of their web resources.
Blackboard is the online learning platform utilized by Sarasota County Schools, which is your starting point to find all assignments and lessons for remote learners.
- How to: Sign into Blackboard
- How to: View announcements in Blackboard (as a student)
- How to: View announcements in Blackboard (as a parent)
- How to: Submit files from OneDrive into Blackboard
- How to: Access your classes in Blackboard
- How to: Download, Edit, and Submit PDF’s in Blackboard
- How to: How to use Parent Portal – English
- How to: How to use Parent Portal – Spanish
- How to: Access Blackboard as a Parent – English
- How to: Access Blackboard as a Parent – Spanish
- How to: Access Blackboard as a Parent – Russian
- How to: Access Blackboard as a Parent – Ukrainian
- How to: Access Blackboard as a Parent – Portuguese
- How to: Access Blackboard as a Parent – Vietnamese
Zoom is a video-conferencing application that some teachers may use for live video with their remote students.
Microsoft Teams is a learning platform that can be used in the classroom by both teachers and students. Some teachers may use Microsoft Teams for live video with their remote students.
- How to: Access a Microsoft Teams meeting
- How to: Join a Microsoft Teams meeting
- How to: Use the Raise Hand Feature
- How to: Test your audio and video on Microsoft Teams
- How to: Microsoft Teams Settings
Video: Introducing i-Ready Assessment At Home for Families (English/Spanish)
Frequently Used Vocabulary and Questions
A list of frequently-used words/phrases you may hear during remote learning as well as some frequent questions our students and parents may have.
- Where can I find the SCS Reopening Plan?
- What is remote learning?
- Remote learning allows a student to attend a regular school day. Students will participate, using either Zoom or Microsoft Teams, in a classroom setting.
- What is concurrent learning?
- Remote learners will tune in remotely to the class where their teacher will be teaching face-to-face.
- What is a video vignette?
- A short informational video.
- How to get additional support
- Call 927-4002 for Remote Learning IT Support
- Call your child’s school
- Email your child’s teacher