STC offers FOUR Adult General Education Programs to help students earn their GED® or improve basic and academic skills.
1) Academic Skills Building (ASB)
2) Adult Basic Education (ABE)
3) English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
4) GED® Preparation
Programs provide a systematic approach for remediation or skill improvement using the following model:
• Pre-test or placement test
• Diagnosis of test results
• Goal setting for career pathways
• Instruction and remediation
• Evaluation of student progress (post-test)
To accommodate different learning styles, each program uses several instructional approaches and a variety of multimedia equipment and materials. Specific modifications for students with special needs can be made on an individual basis.
Programs are offered on the STC Main Campus as well as at other sites throughout Sarasota County.
All Adult General Education Students MUST:
- Be at least 16 years of age and withdrawn from high school;
- Pay tuition fees.
*TUITION: $45 per semester