FINANCIAL AID OFFICE
941-924-1365 / Ext. 62363 or 62318
Hours of Operation:
Veteran's Educational Benefits
Suncoast Technical College (STC) offers the following Veterans Educational benefits:
- Chapter 30: Montgomery GI-Bill, 1606 and 1607
- Chapter 31: Vocational Rehab
- Chapter 33: Post- 9/11
- Chapter 35: Dependents Educational Assistance
Veterans may apply for educational benefits online at www.gibill.va.gov. Veterans are also encouraged to complete a FAFSA to determine qualification for additional funds. You can find and complete the fafsa here: https://fafsa.ed.gov. Enter School Code 013689 for STC.
Title 38, Code of Federal Regulations §21.4253(d)(3) requires schools to obtain and evaluate official transcripts related to all previous post-secondary education and training, regardless of whether or not the student previously used VA education benefits. In addition, it further requires that schools apply such transfer credit toward the requirements of the student’s current program as appropriate under the school’s published policy for granting prior credit. NOTE: Credit does not have to be granted if not applicable; however, all must be evaluated and documented.
VA Pending Payment Compliance
In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679 subsection (e), STC adopts the following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA. This STC will not:
- Prevent the student’s enrollment;
- Assess a late penalty fee to the student;
- Require the student to secure alternative or additional funding;
- Deny the student access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.
However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to:
- Produce the VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE) by the first day of class;
- Provide a written request to be certified;
- Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional policies
Please complete the following steps when applying for VA benefits:
- Meet with an STC School Counselor to discuss program.
- Get all high school, post-secondary and military transcripts together. Bring all your sealed, official transcripts to the VA/Financial Aid department at STC for evaluation at one time. (Please do not submit individually).
Should you need your military transcripts, please see the links below.
- Go to https://jst.doded.mil for Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy:
- Active Duty, Reserve and Veterans Transcripts. Go to http://www.au.af.mil/au/ccaf/transcripts.asp for Air Force Transcripts.
Once transcripts have been evaluated for credit you will be contacted by an STC School Counselor to come in and register for your program.
Please bring with you at that time the following:
- Letter of Eligibility