School Mission: The mission of Tatum Ridge Elementary School is to provide a welcoming, supportive climate of the highest expectations that will enable students to become self-confident, independent thinkers. This is accomplished in a technologically advanced environment through the cooperative efforts of the Tatum Ridge Community.
School Vision: Tatum Ridge Elementary School will provide support and encouragement for students, staff, and families by facilitating active thinking and lifelong learning. Pride in accomplishments and respect for others will enable the Tatum Ridge community to successfully face the challenges of the future.
School Description: Tatum Ridge Elementary is located in eastern Sarasota County at the corner of Tatum Road and Palmer Boulevard. The school is built adjacent to the property where one of Sarasota’s early one-room schoolhouses stood – Tatum Ridge School. It is in its tenth year. Tatum Ridge has an enrollment of over 700 Kindergarten through fifth-grade students. Built to withstand a hurricane’s fury, Tatum Ridge has been designed with the community’s safety in mind. Lastly, the school opened with state of the art wireless technology and a web-based instructional learning system.
- 5 Star School
- A+ School
- We meet federal standards for the "No Child Left Behind"
- Tatum was built as a Cat 5 Hurricane shelter w/ an in-house generation system
- We received the Golden School Award for volunteer hours
- School climate surveys indicate that Tatum Ridge students, parents, and staff believe that Tatum has clear goals, high expectations and provides a safe and orderly environment."
- Classrooms are equipped with state of the art technology, including Activ Boards, Touch Activ Boards, Activ votes, Activ Expressions, laptops, and document cameras.