July 28, 2021
Dear Emma Families,
Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year! We are so happy to be “Back in the Groove” as our teachers and staff are prepared to help your students soar academically and socially! As we prepare to return to the building for 100% face-to-face learning, please use the enclosed information to assist you in starting your child or children off to having a successful school year. Please have your child reregistered by August 9th to begin school on the first day which is Tuesday, August 10th. Your child will not be able to start school on the first day if they are not registered by Monday, August 9th. You will need to contact our registrar Jamie.Anderson@sarasotacountyschools.net if you have any questions regarding registration.
- As we are following the latest CDC guidelines and updates, we are asking that only one parent/family member and the child attend Meet Your Teacher on Friday, August 6th. Pre-K - 2nd grade will come on campus 11 am – 12 pm and 3rd – 5th grades 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm.
- The new Delta Variant of COVID-19 seems to be more transmissible and virulent than the prior COVID strains. As we begin the school year, we recognize that the COVID-19 numbers are rising again. Because contract tracing will continue to be a part of our responsibilities to keep staff and students safe, we will begin the year slow and steady in terms of the number of additional people we will have on campus. We look forward to working with you through changes that may occur as the school year rolls out.
- Parents will be able to walk their child/children up to the gate by the main office during the first four days of school this year. If a child needs assistance to their classroom, an EEB staff member will help them from this entry point.
- After Labor Day, we will have Walking Wednesday once a month where parents can walk with their students on campus to class. The parents will need to check-in at the front office with a photo ID and receive a visitors’ badge.
- There will be no visitors on campus for breakfast this year as we continue to socially distance our students in the cafeteria. Our children will need to sit in every other seat. After Labor Day, we will revisit allowing parents to each lunch in our designated area with their child once a week.
- EEB PreK- and Kindergarten students will begin school at 9:00 am on August 10th-August 13th to allow time for a more personal transitioning of students to their new teachers at our Bus Loop.
- Students are welcome on campus at 7:45 am. For the safety of your child/children, please do not drop them off before this time as there will be no adult supervision. Breakfast is available to all students from 7:45 am-8:45 am. The cafeteria will be closed after this time. It is important that ALL students arrive at school on time, dressed appropriately, and ready to learn with all their proper learning tools.
- Sign up for the FAMILY PORTAL on the Sarasota County Schools website. Doing this will allow you to have access to early registration, access to your child’s grades and attendance, and information from the district firsthand. Here, you can also update numbers for family members and friends to who you give permission to have contact with your child. You can also download the district’s app to have it directly at your fingertips!
- The school day begins at 7:45 am and ends at 3:15 pm. There will be no early dismissals after 2:30 pm. If you need to change your child’s transportation plan, please write a note or email your child’s teacher. Please write a note or email your child’s teacher or the registrar: Anderson@sarasotacountyschools.net to excuse your child’s absence.
- If you need to apply for free/reduced lunch, please go online to the district’s website so that your application is on file in a timely fashion. This will help you avoid unnecessary charges.
- Go to the district website if your child will be riding the bus. Please help your child learn their bus number and bus stop once it is assigned to them.
- Remember that Emma E. Booker is a uniform school. Uniform shirts with the EEB logo are available for sale in the office for $10. Collared navy blue, gold, light yellow, and white are the permitted uniform tops for students. Khaki and navy-blue bottoms are permitted in shorts, skirts, pants, and jumpers. At no time are jeans or sweatpants to be worn to school. Purple shirts with our school logo are earned at EEB.
- NEW THIS YEAR: CROCS are NOT to be worn. Students should wear closed-toed shoes (sneakers preferred). Your child will have recess daily and we need them to remain safe!
We are looking forward to having a wonderful school year with you and your child.
Edwina M. Oliver