• Student Records Requests

    The Records Management staff processes records requests for former Sarasota County Public School student’s records. Requests for current student records should be directed to the current school of attendance. Records may be requested for transferring to another school district, furthering education, proof of graduation for employment, graduation verification, joining the military, and other reasons. 

    The Request for Student Records form is used to request records. Requests are processed on a first come, first served basis, and usually take three to five business days to complete. During peak periods, requests can take as long as seven days. 


    Request Form for Student Records

    The following information is needed to process the request:

    • Present name of student
    • Name while attending school/maiden name. (if different than the present name)
    • Name of Sarasota County Public Schools(s) for which you are requesting records
    • If a student attended adult, community or vocational school, a list of the course(s)/programs for which you are requesting records
    • Year last attended
    • Date of birth
    • Address or fax number where the records should be sent
    • Signature
    • Copy of driver's license, state ID, passport, military ID or other forms of identification showing proof of name and date of birth

    Per FERPA, if the student is under 18, a parent or guardian must request the record and present a valid copy of their photo ID.  For students 18 or older, the student must request the record and present a valid copy of their photo ID. If the student is unable to pick up the record, then the student must request the record, present a valid copy of their photo ID, and provide written authorization for another person to pick up the record.  The person authorized to pick up the record must present a copy of their own photo ID at the time of pick-up.

    The form and copy of identification can be emailed, mailed, or faxed, to:

    Sarasota County School District
    Records and Forms Management
    101 Old Venice Road
    Osprey, FL 34229


    (941) 486-2484

    • Education/Graduation Verifications – A Request for Student Records form or an agency form hand signed by the former student and stating that the student is allowing the release of education records is required. We do not provide verifications over the phone. 
    • Replacement Diplomas – We do not have replacement diplomas. We can provide instructions to contact the printing companies used in the past to print diplomas so that you can order one.  They will require a certified transcript showing proof of graduation. 
    • General Educational Development (G.E.D) Records (test results, diplomas, transcripts) – G.E.D. requests for the state of Florida must be processed by the Florida Department of Education.  


    • Transcripts – Colleges and universities may submit student signed requests for student transcripts using their own form or school letterhead. The student may also use our Request for Student Records form.
    • Closed School Student Records – Private schools that become defunct are required to transfer all permanent information included in student records to the public school district per s. 1002.42(3)(b), F.S. The Sarasota County School District has received some records for closed schools. The Florida Department of Education also maintains a list of closed schools which have reported that they have closed and transferred their records.