Fingerprinting for Volunteers
Level 2 Volunteer clearance is required for anyone that:
- participates in a classroom/school setting where potentially left unattended, or without staff supervision,
- in a one-on-one setting for tutoring/mentoring a student or handling school funds
- for all out-of-county or overnight field trips.
Please note: the school’s principal has the authority to further extend this requirement, or to require to have Level 2 clearance for all volunteers.
Laws and policies implemented for determination clearance or denial for volunteering are:
Volunteers that are planning on participating in a field trip that requires Level 2 clearance, or otherwise required to have Level 2 clearance must follow the process described below:
Prior to making an appointment, you must submit a volunteer application online:
- To submit an application, please click here
- Create an account
- Under Smart Forms, select and submit a volunteer application
- ‘Send to Background Processor’
- Last, make an appointment by clicking here
Must bring to the appointment:
- Photo ID
- Fee: $38
(Visa, Master Card, Discover, Money order, Cashier’s Check) (No cash or personal checks accepted, and fees are non-refundable.) Payment is the responsibility of the volunteer.
For questions, please contact: SCSBFingerprinting@sarasotacountyschools.net
Alternate Fingerprinting Location
North Port Police Department 4980 City Hall Blvd.
North Port, FL 34286
Walk-ins only, Wednesday and Friday 8:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. (excluding observed holidays)
For fingerprinting questions only, please contact Susan L. Wagner at (941) 429-7403 at the North Port Police Department.
Click HERE for Instructions
Click HERE for the required NPPD form
Click HERE for Vechs waiver to be returned to SCSBfingerprinting@sarasotacountyschools.net or call 941-927-9000 ext. 31132 to return form (Release of information form required to view background check results)
Current SCS employees can skip this step.
Please note: A typical L-2 application process takes approx. 2 weeks from the time of fingerprinting.