Fingerprinting for Volunteers
Level 2 Volunteer clearance is required for anyone that:
- participates in a classroom/school setting where potentially left unattended or without staff supervision,
- in a one-on-one setting for tutoring/mentoring a student or handling school funds
- for all field trips.
Please note: the school’s principal has the authority to further extend this requirement, or to require Level 2 clearance for all volunteers. The Principal has the right to deny access to Level 2 volunteers at their school to anyone even after being approved by the district.
A typical Level 2 application process takes approximately 2 weeks from the time of fingerprinting.
Volunteers that are planning on participating in a field trip or otherwise required to have Level 2 clearance must follow the process described below:
1. Prior to making an appointment, regardless of the location you choose for fingerprinting, you must submit a volunteer application online:
- To submit an application, please click here
- Create an account and Update Personal Information
- Under Smart Forms, select and submit a volunteer application
- ‘Send to Background Processor’
2. For your convenience, level 2 volunteer applicants have the ability to get fingerprinted at the below locations:
- District Office, 1960 Landings Blvd. Sarasota FL 34231
click here to make an appointment Fee: $38
- Any FieldPrint location in the United States
click here Make sure to use FieldPrint Code: FPSCSBVolunteer Fee: $41.75
Rescheduling Fee $12.50
- North Port Police Department,
4980 City Hall Blvd. North Port 34286
click here Fee:$34.95
For questions, please contact: SCSBFingerprinting@sarasotacountyschools.net
Laws and policies implemented for the determination of clearance or denial of volunteering are: