Fingerprinting for Contractors/Vendors
The School District of Sarasota County and the State of Florida require all contractors/subcontractors to comply with the Jessica Lunsford Act (JLA), which consists of a level II background screening via fingerprinting. Providers, individuals or entities under contract with the School Board of Sarasota County that are required to go on school grounds when students are present, must comply with the requirements of Florida Statute Section 1012.465, 1012.467 and if you or your employees need to be screened, please follow the procedure described below:
Prior to making an appointment, you must submit a contractor application online:
- To submit an application, please click here.
- Create an account
- Under Smart Forms select and submit a contractor application
- ‘Send to Background Processor’ once complete
- Last, make an appointment by clicking here
Must bring to the appointment
- Photo ID and Social Security Card.
- Fee: $93.85 (debit/credit card, money order, cashier check)
If you need assistance, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a VENDOR and looking to schedule an appointment for several employees at a time (up to 5/day), please contact the Fingerprint Office for information.
- Jessica Lunsford Act Vendor Information
for Contractors, Vendors, Sports Officials, Professional Service Contractors, Etc.
Jessica Lundsford FAQs