Formal Objection to Instructional Materials
Per School Board Policy 4.30 (II), parents of students and/or residents of Sarasota County may object to the use of a specific instructional material or materials made available in a school library or media center.
If you would like to initiate the formal objection process, please review and complete steps 1-3 below:
- Click here to read School Board Policy 4.30 (II)
- Click here to print and complete the “Patron Objection to Instructional Materials” form
- Lastly, email the completed form to email@example.com
- Read SB 4.30 (II) in its entirety
- The “Patron Objection to Instructional Materials” form must be completed in its entirety.
- Incomplete forms will not be accepted
- You may attach additional pages or notes should you not have enough room
Any materials received in a format other than the completed “Patron Objection to Instructional Materials”, and any accompanying documentation, will not be considered complete and will not be accepted.
- Once the formal objection has been received and meets the guidelines above, complainants will be contacted by the Instructional Materials Department to discuss the next steps