COVID-19 Protocols for Students
Emergency Mask Policy
On Friday, August 20, the School Board voted to implement a temporary emergency policymaking face masks mandatory for all students, employees, visitors, and vendors for the next 90 days (November 23rd), unless they have a medical exception or if wearing a face mask would not be consistent with a student's Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
- The exception form (student and employee) can be found on our website: https://www.sarasotacountyschools.net/COVID19
- If the COVID positivity rate in Sarasota County were to drop below 8% for three consecutive days, mandatory masking would be lifted; however, if the COVID positivity rate in Sarasota County were to exceed 10% at any time, mandatory masking would be reinstated.
- This policy goes into effect on Monday, August 23, with the intent that it will be fully implemented by Monday, August 30, 2021.
- Face masks must be worn at all times in full conformance with this emergency policy.
- Gaiters, bus, or bandanas may not be worn as an alternative to face masks.
Sarasota County School Board Policies: https://www.sarasotacountyschools.net/Page/2667