The GED® Test is a computer-based, four module assessment aligned to Common Core Standards. It is offered 12 months per year at the STC Sarasota (Main) Campus, in the GED® Test Center, located in Building 3, Room 202. The test cost is $128 ($32 per module). The test is comprised of the following FOUR modules:
- Mathematics (120 minutes)
- Reasoning through Language Arts (155 minutes)
- Science (95 minutes)
- Social Studies (75 minutes)
*NOTE: Scheduling all four modules on the same day is NOT recommended.
There is no limit to the number of times an individual may test within a year. However, after three attempts, there is a 60 day waiting period before retesting can occur. Candidates are encouraged to participate in GED® preparation classes.
GED® Test Center Location
STC Sarasota (Main) Campus, Building 3, Room 202
GED® Test Requirements
- GED® Test candidates must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- GED® Test candidates must have a valid (not expired), government issued, picture I.D., which includes their address as well as their signature.
- GED® Test candidates must provide a valid email address at the time of registration.
- Interested individuals (ages 16 or 17), should call one of the numbers listed below for age waiver information.
1) STC GED® Office: 941-924-1365 / Ext. 62390
2) GED® Testing Center: 941-924-1365 / Ext. 62138
GED® Test Fees
($32 per module)
NOTE: Registration is by APPOINTMENT only.
- Visit www.ged.com for seat availability and to register for GED® Testing.
- You may also register by contacting Pearson VUE at 877-392-6433
- Visit www.ged.com to access free practice exercises and the GED® Ready Official Practice Test ($6 per module).
REMINDER: Scheduling all four modules on the same day is NOT recommended.
GED® Test Credentials
• Request duplicate diplomas and/or transcripts online
• Request duplicate diplomas and/or transcripts by telephone
888-906-4031 TOLL FREE
Monday-Friday / 8:00am-5:00pm MST.
*NOTE: Cost is $15 per document.
New graduates will receive secure, electronic documents, delivered to the email address provided. Electronic documents may be forwarded at no cost to potential employers and colleges.
Only ONE paper diploma may be ordered AT NO COST when a candidate passes the GED® Test.
*Additional paper documents cost $15 each.