Adult High School (AHS)
Adults who would like to complete their high school graduation requirements may wish to enroll in the Adult High School (AHS) Program. AHS helps students earn high school credits so that they may obtain a standard high school diploma. AHS classes are taught online through Sarasota Virtual Academy (SVA). Before enrolling, students must submit a high school transcript so that the school counselor can determine what courses and assessments are needed for graduation. Teachers will reach out to students via phone and/or email to establish a Welcome Call, which is required for the student to begin the course.
Students receive only final grades for the courses they complete. There are no mid-semester or nine-week grades given. When the student completes the course, the AHS Office will receive a notification from the online virtual school system, and the grade will be entered into the school district's database. Students who complete all graduation requirements will receive a standard high school diploma.
- Students must be at least 16 years of age.
- Students must provide a Photo I.D. with their Date of Birth.
- Students must be officially withdrawn from high school.
- Students must provide an official transcript from their previous high school.
- A guidance counselor will review previous high school records and indicate courses required for graduation.
- If a student needs more than 4 credits to graduate, the counselor will usually recommend the GED® Program.
STC Sarasota (Main) Campus, Building 3
941-924-1365 / Ext. 62109 or 62120
*Registration is by APPOINTMENT Only.
Registration Office Hours
Monday & Friday / 8:00am-2:00pm
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday / 12:30pm-7:30pm
$45.00 per semester