Gifted Magnet Programs Admissions and Requirements
Pine View School is a gifted magnet program located in Sarasota County, FL. We are proud to offer a unique educational experience to students who have met all entrance requirements in grades 2 through 12. Information regarding entrance requirements can be found on the Sarasota County Schools webpage for Gifted Information: https://www.sarasotacountyschools.net/Page/2638
Additional information specifically about the admissions process for Pine View School can be located on the Pine View Admissions webpage: http://pineviewadmissions.weebly.com/
For Information about Pine View Admissions and Virtual Resources Click Here
Pine View School Walking Tour Dates:
December 8, 2021
February 2, 2022
March 2, 2022
April 6, 2022
All tours begin at 9:45am
- Tours will be approximately 1 hour long
- Tour Registration is Required
- Please call the Pine View Admissions Office at (941) 486-2001 to register
- Participants will be limited to two members per family
- Space is limited, so please reserve your spot as early as possible!
Pine View School Admissions Open House at the Pine View Fair!
January 22, 2022: 10am to 2pm
- Stop by the fun, family event of the Pine View Fair to experience an amazing school community happening! The PV Fair is held on our school campus. Admissions representatives will be available from 11am to 2pm to answer any admissions questions you may have. Hope to see you there!
Sarasota County Gifted Timeline:
Please visit https://www.sarasotacountyschools.net/Page/2638 for all application information.
All items (See Gifted Magnet Programs section on the webpage listed above) must be received (not postmarked) by 5:00 pm on or before the date specified.
The following is the calendar for gifted screenings and other required data and assessments for entry into a gifted magnet program for the fall of the 2022-23 school year:
Deadline to request a gifted screening, evaluation and/or rating scales*…. January 14, 2022
Deadline for submission of all required documents for gifted magnet consideration…. April 14, 2022
(Students that meet criteria for gifted magnet programs must enter on the first day of school of a given school year. Entry after the first day of school is not available.)
*A gifted evaluation has 3 parts in order to determine program eligibility: Intellectual Assessment, Gifted Rating Scales, and evidence of a need for gifted services. Parents have the option to seek out a private psychological evaluation (intellectual assessment) at their own expense, BUT a request for Gifted Rating Scales must be made to the districted school BEFORE the stated deadline.