Athletic Department and Contact Information
Tony Miller - Athletic Director
Debbie Fonseca - Athletic Trainer
Liz Skelton - Athletic Secretary
P: (941) 423-8558 x66010
Direct Fax: (941) 480-3335
North Port High School opened August 13, 2001, with a junior varsity program of sports as a 2A school. Varsity levels for all sports are now in place and our teams continue to show growth and success at all levels of competition. NPHS is a member of the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) and now competes as an 8A or 7A school in most team sports. North Port High School has developed a tradition of pride, sportsmanship, and respect through hard work and dedication. The athletic staff would like to thank the community, parents, and friends of the Bobcats for their continuous encouragement and support.
ALL Athletic Operations have returned to Phase One as of June 30th.
**Parents - Please upload the private passenger, out-of-county, and the hold harmless paperwork. If your student transfers to us or attends another school, then please upload the GA4 form. Please upload the physical and insurance in their appropriate tabs.
**Athletic Clearance accepts both PDF's & JPEG's.
**Please give COVID-19 forms and any cheerleader forms to the appropriate coaches. Do not download.
**Please use any of the extra tabs to upload any of the required documents.**
**Please ignore the wording of the birth cert., D.L., residency, or the military i.d. upload tabs. We do not need any of these items, but the upload tabs can be used for other forms to upload.
Click on the revised instructions for AthleticClearance under our information & schedules
REMINDER: all athletic clearance data expires until the next school year 2021 - 2022 or 365 days. Please note: the SCSB or the FHSAA may revise their forms in mid-season during the spring.
Requirements for participation in the 2020 -2021 school year via Athletic.Clearance.com:
- A Sports Physical (FHSAA Form EL2) (not revised this year)
- A NOTARIZED Parent/Guardian Release and Hold Harmless Agreement (Sarasota County Form).
- A NOTARIZED Medical Release form for Out-of-County or Overnight Travel (Sarasota County Form)
- A NOTARIZED Private Passenger (Sarasota County Form)
- A Consent and Release from Liability Certificate (FHSAA Form EL3) (4 pages)
- HIPPA - Notice of Privacy Practices (NP Form)
- Standards for Participation in Athletic Activities (NP Form)
- Compliance with Athletic Recruiting and Non-Traditional Student Participation GA4 (revised 2019)
- Emergency Medical/Treatment Consent (not revised this year)
- An uploaded copy of the athlete's insurance
- Must maintain a minimum semester grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 to participate in school sports
***PLEASE BE SURE YOU HAVE THE REVISED 2020 FORMS***
***CHANGES WILL BE POSTED HERE AND UPLOADED TO NPHS'S WEBSITE***
***Update June 30th - Summer 2020 Participation Guidelines - please look for phase one. As of June 30th, we have returned to the first phase for athletics. See schedules & Information at the bottom of the page.
Varsity Coaching Staff
- Football - Billy Huthman
- Boys Cross Country - Phu Nguyen
- Girls Cross Country - Jennifer Reed
- Boys Golf - Thomas Mayer
- Girls Golf - Mark Kemble
- Volleyball - Chassity Taylor
- Swimming - Paul Magliacane & Leanne Vacca
- Cheerleading - Tiffany Brantley & Sarah Drachler
- Boys Basketball - Ryan Power
- Girls Basketball - Dale Huffman
- Boys Soccer - Joey Sorbino
- Girls Soccer - Hans Duque
- Wrestling - Eugene Hill
- Girls Weightlifting - Billy Huthman
- Track and Field (Boys) - Phu Nguyen
- Track and Field (Girls) - Jennifer Reed
- Boys Tennis - Matt Weisberger
- Girls Tennis - Jim Noonan
- Baseball - Miles Mayer
- Softball - Frank Baker
- Boys Weightlifting - Billy Huthman
Information, Athletic Forms & Sports Schedules
Please be sure you enroll online for the new school year.
Refunds will not be allowed if you enroll using the summer application or an old application.