Tony Miller - Athletic Director
Brian Hatler & Matt Baldwin - Assistant Athletic Director
Debbie Fonseca - Athletic Trainer
Liz Skelton - Athletic Secretary
P: (941) 423-8558 x66010
Direct Fax: (941) 480-3335
North Port High School opened August 13, 2001, with a junior varsity program of sports as a 2A school. Varsity levels for all sports are now in place and our teams continue to show growth and success at all levels of competition. NPHS is a member of the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) and now competes as an 8A or 7A school in most team sports. North Port High School has developed a tradition of pride, sportsmanship, and respect through hard work and dedication. The athletic staff would like to thank the community, parents, and friends of the Bobcats for their continuous encouragement and support.
Requirements for athletics participation
NPHS students must have on file in the Athletic Department the following paperwork to be eligible to participate in any sport during the current school year. REMINDER: all paperwork expires after 365 days:
- A Sports Physical (FHSAA Form EL2)
- A NOTARIZED Parent/Guardian Release and Hold Harmless Agreement (Sarasota County Form).
- A NOTARIZED Medical Release form for Out-of-County or Overnight Travel (Sarasota County Form).
- A Consent and Release from Liability Certificate (FHSAA Form EL3).
- HIPPA - Notice of Privacy Practices (NP Form).
- Standards for Participation in Athletic Activities (NP Form).
- Must maintain a minimum semester grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 to participate in school sports
ALL ATHLETIC EVENTS ARE CANCELED UNTIL THE SARASOTA COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT & THE FHSAA NOTIFIES US TO REOPEN.
Varsity Coaching Staff
- Boys Cross Country - Phu Nguyen
- Girls Cross Country - Jennifer Reed
- Boys Golf - Thomas Mayer
- Girls Golf - Mark Kemble
- Volleyball - Chassity Taylor
- Swimming - Paul Magliacane & Leanne Vacca
- Cheerleading - Tiffany Brantley & Sarah Drachler
Winter Sports Schedule
- Boys Basketball - Ryan Power
- Girls Basketball - Dale Huffman
- Boys Soccer - Joey Sorbino
- Girls Soccer - Hans Duque
- Wrestling - Eugene Hill
- Girls Weightlifting - Wayne Skelton & Luis Morales
- Track and Field (Boys) - Phu Nguyen
- Track and Field (Girls) - Jennifer Reed
- Boys Tennis - Matt Weisberger
- Girls Tennis - Jim Noonan
- Baseball - Miles Mayer
- Softball - Frank Baker
- Boys Weightlifting - Wayne Skelton & Luis Morales