School is a professional learning environment. The dress of students should be modest, tasteful and neat. When dressing for school, students must follow these guidelines:
- Students should arrive at school physically clean and wearing clean clothing.
- Hair should be clean and neatly combed so that vision is not blocked.
- Hats/caps/sunglasses are not allowed inside the school building.
- Dangling chains or bandanas may not be worn on campus.
- For student safety, closed-toe athletic shoes must be worn at all times (crocs, slides, flipflops and boots are not permitted).
- Clothing that exposes the mid part of the body is not permitted.
- Mesh tops & tank tops are prohibited as are t-shirts with offensive language or pictures. They should not advertise alcohol, tobacco or other inappropriate substances.
- Oversized pants and shorts are prohibited.
- Students should wear shorts or pants on days when P.E. and/or outdoor recess is scheduled.
- Shorts/skirts should be no shorter than 5” above the middle of the knee.
Clothing, make-up and/or hairstyles deemed to be inappropriate or disruptive to the learning environment will be handled individually and discreetly.