Community of Caring
The Community of Caring program funded by the Gulfcoast Community Foundation of Venice's 'Because It Matters' civility initiative. Provides groundbreaking, pioneering leadership in the teaching of values.
- Integrates the five core values into every aspect of school life –CARING, FAMILY, RESPECT, RESPONSIBILITY & TRUST
- Requires no add-ons to the curriculum
- Offers a K-12, schoolwide, evidence-based framework and process, with unique components for both elementary and secondary
- Focuses on including all students, especially students with disabilities, in a caring school community
- Through a comprehensive action plan, coordinating committee, lead teacher/ facilitator, and professional development/ ongoing support, all Community of Caring schools develop programs, projects, and activities
the following areas: in and across the curriculum, student leadership and forums, family and community involvement, service-learning/community service, and inclusion all students.
- Improves academic performance and school attendance
- Improves school climate and creates a caring school community
- Fosters acceptance of diversity and includes those with intellectual disabilities
- Creates safer school environments by preventing violence and bullying
- Prevents teen pregnancy with a youth development focus
- Reduces tobacco, drug, and alcohol use
- Helps implement school reform