Dress Code and Uniforms
Tuttle students are required to wear our mandatory school uniform. All students must be in uniform every day in order to be included in extracurricular activities such as field trips, assemblies, clubs, etc. On approved non-uniform days, clothing with distracting or offensive mottoes or pictures is not permitted.
Non Compliance: If a student is out of uniform, the teacher will notify the family. A meeting will be scheduled for students who continually do not adhere to the uniform policy. Students who arrive at school in inappropriate footwear will be required to call home in order for the proper footwear to be brought to school.
- The uniform shirt with the Tuttle logo is available at school in a choice of three colors: light blue, navy, and green.
- Shirts must be tucked in at all times.
- Students may wear sweatshirts over their uniform. The sweatshirt must either be a navy sweatshirt with the Tuttle logo or a plain crewneck sweatshirt in uniform colors. Sweatshirts may not have any text or designs on them.
- Students may wear either navy or tan bottoms. Shorts or slacks can be plain, pleated or cargo style. Additionally, girls may choose to wear skirts, skorts, or jumpers in either navy or tan.
- Jeans, jogging/sweat pants are not allowed.
- Clothing must be worn in such a manner as to cover all undergarments.
- Students are encouraged to wear sneakers every day. Shoes/sneakers must have rubber bottoms.
- Clogs, high heels, flip-flops, and Heelys are not permitted.
- Hair should not block the child’s vision and should not require grooming during class.
- Hair deemed distractive (i.e. Mohawks or fluorescent colors, etc.) will not be permitted.
- Make-up and acrylic nails are not permitted.
- Dangling or hoop earrings or jewelry must not be worn.
- Hats and caps should be removed in school buildings.
- Dangling chain necklaces and chains attached to wallets are not permitted.