Cranberry Elementary Child Care
2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR
Cranberry Elementary offers Before School Care and After School Care for students Kindergarten through 5th grade. If you are interested in getting more information or enrolling your student(s) in our Childcare program, please email your interest to Lynn Twedt, Childcare Director at Lynn.Twedt@sarasotacountyschools.net . She will email you an information brochure and the two registration forms.
- We are offering limited enrollment spots for each grade level on a first come, first served basis.
- We are only taking online credit card payments at this time. Once school begins, we will take cash, check or credit card payments.
- Every student at Aftercare receives a free bagged dinner. Please do not send snacks or candy with your student to morning care or after care.
- After Care Activities Include: homework time/reading (1st - 5th grade only), crafts, educational computer games, group games, board games, covered P.E. activities and games, playground, dancing, and a short portion of a "G" rated movie.
The Cranberry Elementary Child Care Program is an affordable, safe, healthy, and fun environment for children of working parents. The program is designed for children who can function in a group setting.
Morning Care is supervised by adult leaders with K – 5th students together. After Care is supervised by adult group leaders with students being in grade level groups. Time for completion of homework is scheduled every day in After Care. Group leaders do offer advice and assistance on homework but parents are encouraged to recheck their children's assignments for completion and accuracy.
HOURS OF OPERATION
The Program operates on all scheduled school days, beginning with the first day of school. Before School Care is from 6:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. All Morning Care students may pick up their free breakfast bag at 7:50 a.m., return to the cafeteria and at 8 a.m. they go to their classroom to eat their breakfast. After School Care is from dismissal to 6:00 p.m. Children are to be picked up no later than 6:00 p.m. A $1.00 per minute late fee will be assessed if pick up is after 6:00. If tardiness is chronic, the child's participation in the program will be in jeopardy. A full dinner is provided free with After Care.
The parent must provide current emergency contacts, medical information, and documentation of special custody situations. A photo I.D. must be presented by the person picking up the student. Any changes to the pick-up list will need to be done in writing.
Parents must escort and sign their child in for Before School Care and sign them out in After School Care.
*We are only accepting K-5 students. No Pre-K childcare is available.
Students are expected to follow the school rules during child care. If an infraction occurs, a program staff member will discuss the behavior with the parent, and the parent must sign a warning form. The second warning will result in a three-day suspension from the program. A third warning will result in dismissal from the program. If the behavior is severe enough, suspension or dismissal can result without warnings.
There is a non-refundable registration fee of $25.00 per family per school year. Registration must be done in person or online by the parent or legal guardian of the student(s). The registration fee and five (5) days tuition is due at time of registration. The parent is responsible for tuition payments to be paid in advance every Friday for the following week. Tuition MUST be paid in advance at all times or your student(s) may not attend. This is strictly enforced. Tuition for the month of May must be paid in advance by April 29, 2022.
Any account that becomes past due will result in dismissal from the program.
Prices are a DAILY rate per child
To apply for free or reduced lunch, please visit: https://scsfr.sarasota.k12.fl.us/fma/
- AM Care==================$4.00 per child
- PM Care==================1st child-$8.00, 2nd child-$7.00, 3rd child-$5.00
- PM Care with Reduced Lunch Status=1st child-$7.00, 2nd child-$6.00, 3rd child-$4.00
- PM Care with Free Lunch Status====1st child-$6.00, 2nd child-$5.00, 3rd child-$3.00
- **Parent/guardian must provide a copy of their approval letter from Food Service to receive the reduced or free lunch rate.
Account statements are emailed at the beginning of every month and upon request. Tax statements are not provided, please keep your monthly statements, they will serve as your payment tax statement.
We have a separate phone number from the school and can be reached at this number during Childcare hours: 941-480-3494. Please feel free to call with any questions you may have. We look forward to a great year with your child(ren).