Sarasota County Schools strives to continue our long-standing commitment to stimulating student, teacher, and public interest in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) with the annual county STEM Fair. The format of the 2023-2024 STEM fair will have both virtual and in-person elements. Sarasota County public, charter, and private school students, grades 3-12, are encouraged to participate in school-based STEM Fairs. Each participating school enters their top projects into the regional competition, where students in grades 6-12 may be chosen to advance to the State Science and Engineering Fair (SSEF) and/or the International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF).
Elementary Information (grades 3-5)
Middle and High Information (grades 6-12)
- September – December: Students complete projects
- October – January: Open Registration for Judges (see below for the link to volunteer to be a judge)
- January 29 – 31, 2024: ROUND 1 Judging: Online Judging
- February 22, 2024: ROUND 2 Judging: In-Person Final Judging at Robarts Arena
- April 2 – 4, 2024: State Science and Engineering Fair (SSEF) in Lakeland, FL
- May 11 – 17, 2024: International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) in Dallas, TX
We are looking for community support for judging our student projects. The virtual aspects of this year’s STEM Fair will offer a much more flexible opportunity for you to help. Student projects, with virtual displays and videos, will be available from January 29 -31, 2024 for judging. You can judge at your convenience on your own device.
Would you like to be a judge? Click the link below to learn how to register All questions or inquiries about our STEM Fair can be directed to STEMFAIR@sarasotacountyschools.net