At the Elementay level, the following goals have been established to ensure academic success for all students:
- To work collaboratively with others, think critically and solve complex problems.
- To undersand student contributions to society while becoming the very best citizen they can be.
- To know that mistakes are not only good, but essential for true learning to occur.
We accomplish this by committing to the following priorities:
- Enhancing the instructional capacity of all teachers in every K - 5 classroom in our schools.
- Maximizing our ability to ensure that children are reading on grade-level by the end of third grade.
Through strategic implementation of research-based reading initiatives:
- Implementing standards-based instructional lessons/activities, on-going process monitoring and data analysis and response to intervention when learning diffficulties are present.
- Supporting early learning programs, encouraging regular attendance and mimimizing summer learning loss.