• How To Register Your Child for Sarasota County Schools

    • If you are looking for School Choice please click here

    • If you need to register a new student for the current school year, please call the appropriate school registrar. New Student Registration for the upcoming 20-21 school year will open on April 15th

    STEP 1

    Determine which school district you live in:

    • If you do not know, click Find Your Attendance Zone
    • Next, click on “Attendance Zones” to search by your address
    • Type in your address to find your districted schools for Elementary, Middle and High School

    STEP 2

    Students enrolling for the first time in a Sarasota County school or Charter School should do the following:

    Complete the Online registration document at the links below:
    2019-20 Student Online Registration
    New Student: 
    English | Spanish

    • Upon completion of the forms, please contact the Registrar at your student’s districted school
    • Please bring to the school:
      • Your child's original, certified birth certificate with a seal
      • Written proof of address: a signed lease, FPL bill or water bill, which includes your name, address and the current date
      • Certificate of Immunization (Form 680) (view requirements on our School Health page)
      • Proof of a school physical examination within twelve (12) months prior to the initial entry into a Florida school
      • Parents may also need to provide documentation establishing legal custody of the child
      • Your child's Social Security card (if available)
      • Any information available from the previous school such as report cards, transcripts or student participation in special programs
      • Any additional questions should be directed to the Registrar at your student’s districted school

    Existing Students must also fill out a Re-Registration Form: 
    English | Spanish

    STEP 3

    If a student is transferring from one Sarasota County school to another school or Charter School please bring to the new school:

    • Student withdrawal form from previous school
    • Proof of residency with address listed: utility bill and lease