PEACHJAR School-Based Marketing and Communications
The Sarasota County School District has launched a new electronic system for delivering flyers to families about services, activities and programs offered through the schools by community agencies or by school business partners. The service will be provided by a company called Peachjar. The service will deliver flyers electronically to families via email and school websites rather than having students carry paper flyers home in backpacks. The service uses technology to reduce unnecessary consumption of paper and to save time and money, both for the district and for its community partners. Families and school staff at participating schools have been sent information about the new service via email and the district parent notification system.
Community organizations and school business partners that wish to distribute flyers should follow the process described below to have flyers approved and distributed electronically.
STEPS TO FLYER SUCCESS
- Go to: www.Peachjar.com
- Click on the 'Sign-Up' button
- Click on the 'Join' button under 'Community Organization'
- Create your organization's account.
- Check your email for account verification.
- Once on your profile, click on the 'Post & Notify' button on the left sidebar.
- Scroll down to (2) Upload Flyer and upload your PDF.
- Review Flyer:
- Make sure that the text in the side panel is legible and matches the flyer.
- If there is a phone number or web link, make sure to add those in.
- Select the schools where you want it sent.
Approved flyers will be emailed to parents and posted to your selected school websites.
SCS FLYER GUIDELINES
- The flyer must be in PDF format.
- The disclaimer below must be printed on the flyer: “Public schools are permitted to provide information to parents regarding student activities and services offered by not-for-profit organizations. The School Board of Sarasota County provides this information as a service to students and their families. Distribution of the information does not constitute an endorsement of an activity or service.”
- The flyer must clearly state all costs to participants in the activity advertised, even if the activity is free.
- The activity may not discriminate against or in any way exploit any student, family member, or another potential participant.
- Flyers must contain an organization's contact information as well as all pertinent data such as what it is, when it will take place, where it is offered, etc.
Once a flyer is approved by the District Approver, the flyer also must be approved by the school's assigned Approver before it can be distributed to families at that school. Some schools do not distribute flyers. Whether or not a flyer is accepted for distribution is at the discretion of the school principal. Teachers or other school staff members may voluntarily provide minimal support time for an advertised activity, but may not be required to do so.
Attention FOR-PROFIT Businesses
Please note, this is NOT an avenue for a company to advertise or solicit to our families. Sarasota County Schools does not endorse solicitation.
Public schools are permitted to provide information to parents regarding student activities and services offered by not-for-profit organizations. The School Board of Sarasota County provides this information as a service to students and their families but does not constitute an endorsement of an activity or service. Sarasota County Schools does NOT solicit information to students and their families to advertise for a business or franchise. The school district is not a free avenue of advertising for local for-profit businesses.
The Peachjar service is free to schools and to community organizations and businesses that provide free activities and services to students and families. *Peachjar charges a fee for distributing flyers for organizations and businesses that charge admission or fees for their services, but the fee is typically much less than the cost of printing and delivering paper flyers to schools. The fee is $25 per school and offers bulk rate discounts to 20 or more schools.
*You must contact Peachjar at 858.997.2117 ext.3 PST or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org to qualify your flyer for "free status."
Still need help?
Fill out the Email Us option on our Contact Us page and mention 'Peachjar'.