The Performance-Based Program
The Performance-Based Program is an alternative curriculum option for students at risk of not graduating with their cohort. Students that meet eligibility criteria are able to work within this alternative curriculum with subject certified teachers to recover the credits they need to graduate on time. To talk to someone about this program, please contact your child’s school counselor.
Eligible Students must:
- be off track to graduate with their 9th-grade cohort due to being overage for grade
- be credit deficient or have a GPA that is less than 2.0
- be approved by the Principal, School Counselor, Parent or Guardian, and Performance-Based Program Coordinator
- be enrolled in and attending high school courses that meet high school graduation requirements
- demonstrate on-level reading as evidenced by the FSA ELA, SAT, or ACT
- have Parent/ Guardian notification and consent
Diploma and Official Recognition
Upon successful completion of the Performance-Based Program, the student receives a State of Florida High School Diploma from his or her District High School and may participate in graduation ceremonies.
To enable all learners to lead productive, responsible and healthful lives, many Sarasota County high schools provide specialized programs as an alternative to dropping out. Future success starts with a high school diploma.
- Please contact your child's guidance counselor for more information