Welcome to Booker Middle School, home of the Tornados. What a great time to be a Tornado!! We have so many exciting initiatives and programs taking place in our learning community as we achieve excellence in our mission to empower students to succeed. We continue to be inspired by the passion and dedication we see in our students.
Here at Booker Middle School all students are encouraged to be critical and creative thinkers. As part of our commitment to empower all students for success, we have highly skilled staff who report to work every day prepared to inspire students to learn. Investigation, ingenuity, talents and interests are captured and cultivated in our Visual and Performing Arts Magnet Program. We have created a more navigable website with additional resources, better tools, and improved ways to communicate with all stakeholders. Please check our website for upcoming events!
Booker Middle School by virtue of our vision is committed to learning and continuous improvement; we welcome your feedback and appreciate your interest in our school, the place where we are "Inspiring Tomorrow Leaders."
Thank you for your interest in Booker Middle School. If your child would like to come spend the day at our school, CLICK HERE to complete the online shadow request form.
What is “Parents-Right-to-Know?”
As a parent of a student attending a Sarasota County School, you have the right to know the professional qualifications of the teachers and/or paraprofessionals who instruct your child. Federal law allows you to ask for certain information about your child’s teachers and/or paraprofessionals and requires the school then to give you this information in a timely manner. Specifically, you have the right to ask for the following information:
- Whether the Florida Department of Education has licensed or qualified the teacher for the grades and subjects he or she teaches.
- Whether the Florida Department of Education has decided that the teacher can teach in a classroom without being licensed or qualified under state regulations because of certain circumstances.
- The teacher’s college of major; whether the teacher has any advanced degrees, if so, the subjects and degrees.
- Whether any teachers’ aides or similar paraprofessionals provide services to your child and, if they do, their qualifications.
- The level of achievement of your child on each of the State academic assessments