Athletic Department and Contact Information
Tony Miller - Athletic Director
Debbie Fonseca - Athletic Trainer
Liz Skelton - Athletic Secretary
P: (941) 423-8558 x66010
Direct Fax: (941) 480-3335
North Port High School opened August 13, 2001, with a junior varsity program of sports as a 2A school. Varsity levels for all sports are now in place and our teams continue to show growth and success at all levels of competition. NPHS is a member of the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) and now competes as an 8A or 7A school in most team sports. North Port High School has developed a tradition of pride, sportsmanship, and respect through hard work and dedication. The athletic staff would like to thank the community, parents, and friends of the Bobcats for their continuous encouragement and support.
ALL Athletic Operations have returned to Phase One as of June 30th.
**To Parents of Students that Wish to Play Sports**
Sarasota County is using a new database for athletics called “Athletic Clearance”. This site is directly connected to FHSAA. Please bear with us this summer and this new upcoming school year.
First, log in to the AthleticClearance.com website to create an account for your athlete. ONE ACCOUNT per athlete.
If they play multiple sports, then checkmark the boxes for the additional sports.
Tips for using the website - The online forms are to be signed by the athlete and one parent.
*Ignore the buttons for birth cert., residency, D.L., & military ID. We don't need those.* You’re ready to start uploading.
Here are the five required documents:
1) 3-page physical forms - please upload in the "CHOOSE FILE" button for physicals
2) Proof of medical insurance - please upload in the "CHOOSE FILE" button for insurance
3 to 5) Hold Harmless, Out-of-County, & Private Vehicle forms - please upload these together in the "CHOOSE FILE" button for additional docs. If that doesn't work try any of the other "CHOOSE FILE" buttons.
**If your student doesn't attend NPHS, then they are a non-traditional student. This information needs to be typed into the "Educational History". Additional paperwork may be needed.
**If your student has transferred to North Port High School, then upload all three pages of the G4 form in the "CHOOSE FILE" button. You can use any of the extra buttons. Additional paperwork may be needed.
REMINDER: all athletic clearance data expires until the next school year 2021 - 2022 or 365 days. Please note: the SCSB or the FHSAA may revise their forms in mid-season during the spring.
Requirements for participation in the 2020 -2021 school year via Athletic.Clearance.com:
- A Sports Physical (FHSAA Form EL2) (not revised this year) upload
- A NOTARIZED Parent/Guardian Release and Hold Harmless Agreement (Sarasota County Form upload)
- A NOTARIZED Medical Release form for Out-of-County or Overnight Travel (Sarasota County Form upload)
- A NOTARIZED Private Vehicle (Sarasota County Form upload)
- A Consent and Release from Liability Certificate (EL3 online)
- Standards for Participation in Athletic Activities (online)
- Compliance with Athletic Recruiting and Non-Traditional Student Participation GA4 (revised 2019)(upload if applicable)
- Emergency Medical/Treatment Consent (SC Form online)
- An uploaded copy of the athlete's insurance (upload)
- Must maintain a minimum semester grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 to participate in school sports
***PLEASE BE SURE YOU HAVE THE REVISED 2020 FORMS***
Varsity Coaching Staff
- Football - Billy Huthman
- Boys Cross Country - Phu Nguyen
- Girls Cross Country - Jennifer Reed
- Boys Golf - Thomas Mayer
- Girls Golf - Mark Kemble
- Volleyball - Chassity Taylor
- Swimming - Paul Magliacane & Leanne Vacca
- Cheerleading - Tiffany Brantley & Sarah Drachler
- Boys Basketball - Ryan Power
- Girls Basketball - Dale Huffman
- Boys Soccer - Joey Sorbino
- Girls Soccer - Hans Duque
- Wrestling - Eugene Hill
- Girls Weightlifting - Billy Huthman/Sierra Jennings
- Track and Field (Boys) - Phu Nguyen
- Track and Field (Girls) - Jennifer Reed
- Boys Tennis - Matt Weisberger
- Girls Tennis - Jim Noonan
- Baseball - Miles Mayer
- Softball - Frank Baker
- Boys Weightlifting - Billy Huthman
Information, Athletic Forms & Sports Schedules
Please be sure you enroll online for the new school year.
Refunds will not be allowed if you enroll using the summer application or an old application.