North Port High School opened August 13, 2001, with a junior varsity program of sports as a 2A school. Varsity levels for all sports are now in place and our teams continue to show growth and success at all levels of competition. NPHS is a member of the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) and now competes as an 8A or 7A school in most team sports. North Port High School has developed a tradition of pride, sportsmanship and respect through hard work and dedication. The athletic staff would like to thank the community, parents and friends of the Bobcats for their continuous encouragement and support.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ATHLETIC PARTICIPATION
NPHS students must have on file in the Athletic Department the following paperwork to be eligible to participate in any sport during the current school year. REMINDER: all paperwork expires after 365 days:
1. A Sports Physical (FHSAA Form EL2)
2. A NOTARIZED Parent/Guardian Release and Hold Harmless Agreement (Sarasota County Form).
3. A NOTARIZED Medical Release form for Out-of-County or Overnight Travel (Sarasota County Form).
4. A Consent and Release from Liability Certificate (FHSAA Form EL3).
5. HIPPA - Notice of Privacy Practices (NP Form).
6. A Standards for Participation in Athletic Activities (NP Form).
7. Must maintain a minimum semester grade point average (gpa) of 2.0 in order to participate in school sports.
Cary Willgren - Athletic Director
Bryan Hatler& Teresa Caracciolo - Assistant Athletic Director
Chris Miller - Athletic Trainer
Liz Skelton - Athletic Secretary
VARSITY COACHING STAFF
Football - Brian Hatler
Boys Cross Country - Phu Nguyen
Girls Cross Country - Jennifer Reed
Boys Golf - Steve Posilovich
Girls Golf - Michael Endee
Swimming - James Noonan and Bill Mousseau
Cheerleading - Tiffany Brantley
Boys Basketball - Travis Slanger
Girls Basketball - Tom Tintor
Boys Soccer - Gerard Gregoire
Girls Soccer - Lee Thomas
Wrestling - Mark Kemble
Girls Weightlifting - Tony Miller
Track and Field (Boys) - Tony Miller
Track and Field (Girls) - Phu Nguyen
Boys Tennis - Gary Botelho
Girls Tennis - Sean Kirkpatrick
Baseball - Dan Pavlue - Website
Softball - Dennis Bell
Boys Weightlifting - Wayne Skelton