Note Taking Skills
Developing Study Skills
Test Taking Strategies
High School Websites:
NPHS College and Career Center
College and Career Planning
Sarasota County Pathways (High School Handbook)
Florida Virtual School
Volunteer Hours - Thursdays during lunch in Career Center
Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Apply in December
FAFSA - Apply January 1st
2 Year Colleges - Local Colleges are SCF & FSW (formerly called Edison)
SCTI - Now STC - Suncoast Technical College
Florida Shines - Career assessments and more!
Occupational Outlook Handbook
* A Parent or Guardian must accompany a student under 18 years of age to register at a school
Florida law requires the following before we can register a student:
- Written proof of current residence address. (e.g. recent utility bill, FPL, water/sewer, lease agreement.)
- Proof of date of birth. (Certified copy of birth certificate)
- Proof of Immunization verified with HRS Form 680. (Blue form)
- Physical exam within the previous 12 months signed and dated by a physician. (Note: Proof of physical if previously enrolled in a Florida Public School.)
- Proof of Custody. If a single parent is separated, divorced, or if another custodial situation exists a copy of legal residential custody document is required.
- You should also bring:
- Name and address of previous school(s) attended.
- Any available information from previous school(s) such as report cards, transcripts, or student participation in special programs.
- If your student has been in any Exceptional Student Education (ESE) programs the most recent Individual Educational Plan (IEP) and an appointment with ESE liaison is required 955-0181 ext. 66062.
Transcripts - Current students: Complete a transcript request form in Guidance and submit to Ms. Sims. The first five transcripts are free and $2.00 each thereafter. Graduates: $2.00 per transcript request.
Community Service Information:
Community Service - Friendship Volunteer Center representatives meet with students any Thursday during lunches in Career Lab. Students are required to meet with a representative prior to earning community service hours. Representatives assist with community service placement. Appointments are not necessary. 75 community service hours equals 0.5 elective credit and is required for the Florida Academic Scholarship, one of the Bright Futures Scholarships. 150 community service hours equals 1.0 elective credit.
SAT & ACT
Acceptable ID requirements for preregistered students:
- Students must present an official, valid (unexpired), government or school-issued identification that includes a recent recognizable photo. The name on the ID must exactly match the name on the Admission Ticket. Students should be denied entrance to the test center if an acceptable ID cannot be presented or if the validity of the ID is in question.