To register your child at the assigned school, call your school for an appointment and bring:
- Your child's original, certified birth certificate with a seal
- Written proof of address: a signed lease, FPL bill or water bill which includes your name, address and current date.
- Certificate of Immunization (Form 680) (view requirements on our School Health page)
- Your child's Social Security card (if available)
- Proof of a school physical examination within twelve (12) months prior to the initial entry into a Florida school
- Parents may also need to provide documentation establishing legal custody of the child.
You should also bring:
- Name and address of previous school(s) attended
- Any information available from previous school such as report cards, transcripts or student participation in special programs
As per Florida Statute 1003.2, children who become five years old on or before September 1st are eligible for kindergarten. Children six years old on or before September 1st are eligible for the first grade, provided they have successfully completed kindergarten at a school from which the district accepts transfer of academic credit. Please note there are NO exceptions made to this Florida law.
Registration in Spanish