The Education Foundation of Sarasota County is a non-profit organization dedicated to quality public education for all children. Through the generosity of a caring community, we fund programs and initiatives that go beyond what tax dollars can provide and help elevate our public schools to the top of Florida’s education system.
Watch Our Programs in Action
Kimberly Page Walker - Chairman
Cheryl Gordon - Immediate Past Chair
Jason Swift - Vice Chairman
Tom L. Koski - Secretary
Tricia Fulton - Treasurer
Gregory E. Banach
Taylor T. Collins
Philip N. Hammersley
F. John LaCivita
Caitlin M. Williams
Jane Goodwin - School Board Chair
Lori White, Superintendent - Sarasota County Schools
Walter G. Mills
Shirley A. Ritchey
Jon F. Swift
TEXCELLENCE & DIGITAL LEARNING LAB MANAGER
DONOR & PROGRAM SERVICES COORDINATOR
We invest in every child’s success through the generosity of our community.
Every child will be prepared for tomorrow’s world.
- To increase the graduation rate
- To help all students become better readers
- To prepare students for success in the work place and global economy
- To serve as the leading advocate for Sarasota County’s public schools
Our Core Values
These are the principles that guide our organization's work, our standards for how we treat one another and our constituents. Our constituents include our community at large, made up of students and their families, teachers, administrators and other district personnel, school board members, donors, future donors and volunteers.
- We value excellence in education, serving as good listeners who are responsive to the needs of students, educators and the community.
- We believe that private philanthropy is essential for the success of our public schools, now and in the future.
- We are dedicated to providing equal access to educational opportunities for all students in our community's public schools.
- We conduct ourselves with integrity and honesty and adhere to the highest standards of transparency and accountability to safeguard the public's trust in our work.
- We manage our relationships with respect and compassion.
- We continually develop our knowledge and skills so that our achievements will better serve others.