Teacher Grant Applications and Resources
Edge of Excellence Classroom Grants
Classroom grants of up to $500 - For innovative curriculum-based projects that provide contracted services (visiting artists, speakers, performers), materials, supplies, audiovisuals, software, hardware, educational field trips, and equipment. Designed to encourage cutting-edge teaching and educational adventures in the classroom.
Exploration Classroom Grants
Classroom grants of up to $1500 - For opportunities for your classroom based on experiences posted on www.EdExploreSRQ.com to make the community's cultural and natural treasures more accessible to students. Educational field trips, performances, classroom visits with artists and scientists, video-conferencing and/or other ways of connecting your classroom to community resources like teaching artists, Asolo Rep, Florida Studio Theatre, Florida Orchestra, Historic Spanish Point, Van Wezel performances -- and so much more! These experiences are meant to help teachers meet state instructional standards and allow students to learn the content they are expected to master during the school year. Please contact the organization or individual you plan to work with BEFORE writing your grant. They can provide valuable help and contribute greatly to your grant's success.
Expanded Exploration Classroom Grants
Classroom grants of up to $5000 - For opportunities similar to those eligible for the Exploration Classroom Grants, but Expanded Exploration Classroom Grants MUST be meet stricter criteria. To ensure eligibility, please review Classroom Grant Guidlines. For Expanded Explorations Classroom Grants, fill out the Exploration Application and increase monetary amount to $5,000.
For up to $4,500 for STEM-related projects that involve local business partners. If you have an idea for a project that you think might be a good fit, please contact us at 941-927-0965.
We have added a spring grant cycle so that teachers may plan projects for the start of the new school year. In the spring cycle, you may apply for up to $1,500 for regular Exploration Grants, or up to $5,000 for Expanded Exploration Grants.
Your application must include at least one “exploration” that is posted on www.EdExploreSRQ.com. In addition, if you are considering applying for a larger Expanded Exploration Grant you MUST contact Michelle Frau in advance. We will award at least two of these larger grants for projects that will be implemented over several months and will involve the participation of at least 150 students.
We recommend that you use Google Chrome as your browser to complete the online application. If you use Internet Explorer, please be sure that you have the latest version. You can download Chrome by clicking here, and you can update Internet Explorer by clicking here.
1. Go to the Education Foundation Classroom Grant Portal
2. Download and print your Classroom Grant Contract and have you and your principal sign the contract
3. Complete the online application
4. Upload your signed Classroom Grant Contract to the site
5. Submit your application before midnight, May 31
6. Submit your Grant Approval Form (GAF) via the online school site provided in the grant process, or by clicking here
Please complete your reports by May 31, 2013. If you cannot complete your report, please contact our office as soon as possible.
1. Complete your Grant Report:
2. Email the following to email@example.com:
- Receipts for all expenses, Budget Sheet (Optional),
- Letters of thanks for sponsors from you or/and your students
- Submit an invitation for your sponsor so that they can see your grant in action (mandatory for Edge of Excellence grants) - Sponsor Invitation Form
- We also appreciate digital photos, 300 dpi (Please confirm that students have proper photos clearance per school policy.)
- Acknowledge your sponsor in any promotional materials.
Looking for ideas? Check out these great resources:
- Verizon Foundation’s Thinkfinity: www.thinkfinity.org/
- FREE science and lab equipment with delivery and retrieval services to your classroom: http://sarasotascience.org/
- Grant writing workshops will be conducted by school district grants specialist, Amy Donner, on Aug. 9. You can register at http://webap.sarasota.k12.fl.us/pds/
- EdExploreSRQ! Exploration Grants must incorporate experiential learning projects posted on www.EdExploreSRQ.com. This website gives teachers an easy way to locate and tap into “explorations” that connect their students’ learning with effective and highly-engaging community arts, science and history experiences.
2012-2013 Grant Award Winners
More than 260 teachers, sponsors, volunteers, and school district leaders celebrated the 23rd anniversary of the Classroom Grant Awards at Michael’s on East on Wednesday, December 5. Susan Scott and Peter Hayes of the Education Foundation of Sarasota County announced grants totaling $143,145 for 164 classroom projects developed by teachers from 37 public schools in the district. Read more HERE!
Click on the links below for...
2012-13 Classroom Grant winners