Staff Phone Directory
School Board + Superintendent
Pupil Support Services
Career Tech / Adult Ed
School Accountability Reports
Alta Vista Elementary
Bay Haven Elementary
Emma E. Booker Elementary
Gulf Gate Elementary
Phillippi Shores Elementary
Tatum Ridge Elementary
Taylor Ranch Elementary
Toledo Blade Elementary
Heron Creek Middle
North Port High
Suncoast Polytechnical High
Pine View School
Oak Park School
Suncoast Technical College
ACE at STC
Sarasota Virtual Academy
YMCA Triad North
YMCA Triad South
Teen Parent Program
Take the 2017 Parent Climate Survey.
Click here to start the survey
Schools, Hours and Maps
District Financial Information
Volunteer & Partnerships
Transcripts and Records Request
Students & Parents
Middle School eSources
High School eSources
Why Our Middle Schools?
Student Information System
District Community Relations
Volunteer & Partnerships
Students & Parents
Teacher Toolkit Teacher Recommended Sites
e-Learning for kids -
- Courseware in math, science, reading and keyboarding. Fun and free learning on the internet. Choose games based on grade or subject area.
Free Rice -
For each correct answer 10 grains of rice is donated through the World Food Programme to help end hunger. Click Subjects on the top menu to select from Art, Chemistry, English, Geography, Language Learning, Math.
The Journey Inside
: A Fascinating Look Inside the World of Computers
This site, presented by Intel, has great activities for students to explore as they learn about computer parts, electricity & circuitry, the binary number system, how the internet works, how microprocessors are manufactured and how they process data, and to observe technology advances changing people's lives.
- An online service of the Educational Technology Clearinghouse -
- You are going to love this link provided from DOE. Seriously!
- Scribble maps allows you to draw over Googlemaps and then save your annotations to print or embed on a website.
- Educational games, activities, quizzes, articles and more, for kids and everyone to use online.
- An extensive library of free digital media resources produced by public television, designed for classroom use and professional development. These classroom resources are easy to use and correlate to state and national standards. Once you register, you can personalize the site using “My Folders” and “My Groups” to save your favorite resources into a folder and share them with your colleagues or students.
Tatum Technology Page
- A collection of online technology resoureces for grades K-5.
Goodwill Community Foundation -
his great website has both videos and text tutorials on all kinds of programs.
- The NCES Kids' Zone provides information to help you learn about schools; decide on a college; find a public library; engage in several games, quizzes and skill building about math, probability, graphing, and mathematicians; and to learn many interesting facts about education.
Math is Fun
- The main content of the site is aimed at basic math skills. However you will find some more complex stuff, and some easier bits. The site includes an illustrated math dictionary, worksheets, games and puzzles.
- Interactive lessons focusing on numbers, patterns and relationships, shape and space and staticistics and probability. Each episode includes parent notes, teacher notes, assessments and activity sheets. Teacher and parent notes break down common mistakes studentes make and ideas for extension.
This site provides practice math problems by either Florida Standards or Common Core Standards.
- Addition, subtraction, multiplication and division fact fluency resource. The base version is free!
Grammaropolis is a mulit-platform educational concept including animated episodes, books, songs and games. Within the world of Grammaropolis, the parts of speech are personified; their personalities are inspired by their grammatical roles and responsibilities. The characters interact the way the parts of speech interact with one another in the sentence.
Spelling City is a spelling practice site that allows you take an existing spelling list of your own and set up personalized practices for you and your students (K-12). It applies to all grades with simple to complex activities available. The practice activities include the categories of
Play with Me
- The daily news sites for teens and tweens. Each day we post links to the day's most compelling news for teens and tweens. Stories are selected by teens and tweens working closely with professional journalists. Teens and tweens can submit links to stories they'd like to share, submit their own stories and photos, and comment on the stories they read.
Mighty Books -
MightyBook is a powerhouse of learning that's helping kids around the world read and speak English. With more than 800 animated stories, songs, games and puzzles - plus lesson plans and online quizzes.
- A free site that allows students at high-elem., junior high and high school levels, teachers and life-long learners to acquire and retain vocabulary. Each session has three levels. Each level has 3 puzzles with 12 words each (36 total words in a session) and contains seven (7) additional activities/exercises that help develop vocabulary. It is continuously updated.
- An on-line streaming video program featuring Screen Actor Guild members reading childrens books aloud! Each book includes accompanying activities and lesson ideas.
Virtual Science Activities.
Edheads helps students learn through educational games and activities designed to meet state and national standards.
JASON connects young students with great explorers and great events to inspire and motivate them to learn science. Its core curriculum units are designed for 5th - 8th grade classrooms but are flexible enough to be adapted for higher or lower grades. The site aligns the activities and labs with NGSSS.
- Get the latest science news on this site. This award-winning biweekly news magazine covers important and emerging research in all fields of science. It publishes concise, accurate, timely articles that appeal to both general readers and scientists, reaching nearly 130,000 subscribers and more than one million readers.
Smithsonian National Zoological Park
- Home of the National Zoo. There is a Panda habitat challenge (balancing the needs of the pandas with the needs of the local people in China), A Walk in the Forest (identifying plants), live cams into some of the animal exhibits, and more.
- TryScience.org is your gateway to experience the excitement of contemporary science and technology through on and offline interactivity with science and technology centers worldwide. Science is exciting, and it's for everyone! That's why TryScience and over 400 science centers worldwide invite you to investigate, discover, and try science yourself.
- Teaches science in a relevant, meaningful, and fun manner. Set up as an online community, it builds on learning, encourages curiosity, and helps children discover the wonder of science. Games are searchable by age and grade level. Many of the games are curriculum-related and can be used as extension activities to what is taught at school. Within each game, activity, and video there are science facts.
- America's Library contains many images of documents, prints, photographs, maps, recordings and other materials from the past. These images represent letters, diaries, records and tapes, films, sheet music, maps, prints, photographs and digital materials. Much of what you see on America's Library will be non-book items, and many of those materials are found only in the collections of the Library of Congress.
- View more than 57,000 historic videos and 7 million photos for FREE in one of the world's largest collection of royalty-fee archival stock footage. Offering immediate downloads in more than 10 SD and HD formats, including screeners in all formats.
- Need help coordinating your trip to the afterlife? In this interactive game, Eternity Travel assists you with everything from shopping for tombs, to selecting a mummification stylist, to choosing just the right coffin.
National Humanitites Center
The Florida Memory Project provides online access to the State Library and Archives of Florida. It is comprised of 5 primary components: Florida Photographic Collection; Online Classroom; Highlights of FL History; Collections and Exhibits.
Presidential Libraries Education Connection
This section of the National Archives is a wealth of information on the Presidential Libraries. There are Kid Resources and Educator Resources including lesson plans and links to primary source documents.
Social Studies Skills Tutor
- Interactive site that allows students to learn, practice and apply in the areas of geographic literacy, virtual analysis, critical thinking and reading, communications
The Week in Rap
- A week's worth of news, rapped. New every Friday.
Money as You Learn
Money as You Learn was developed based on the recommendation of the President's Advisory Council on Financial Capability. It is the companion website to Money as You Grow
and provides tools for educators to integrate personal finance into teaching the Common Core.
Classics for Kids -
and teaching resources give teachers practical, effective plans and activities that use classical music to help children learn. and meet national and state standards. They are based on National Standards for the Arts and state Academic Content Standards for Music, as well as on Theory of Multiple Intelligences.
- Easy plans for quick lessons. Includes lesson plans, craft ideas, printable pages and games.
- DSO Kids is the Dallas Symphony Orchestra's magical doorway to a world of musical fun and learning for students, parents and teachers. The site's mission is to provide attractive, accessible and child-friendly resources that introduce symphonic music, the orchestra and its instruments, and to encourage both adults and young people to explore the world of the symphony orchestra.
Help Kids Learn
This web site offers lessons in the staff, clefs, scales, notes, measures and time signatures, meters, key signatures, accidentals, intervals, as well as many other subjects. There is also a tab for exercises that the students can do to learn more music theory. Fantastic web site!
"The President's Own" United States Marine Band
This site gives a fun history of the US Marine Band, band music, composers, and instruments. It links out to the USMB main page with great information and free band music downloads.
San Francisco Symphony Kids' Site
The San Francisco Symphony (SFS) loves music and they are committed to music education both within their community, and beyond. This website, in conjunction with their live performances, provides an interactive tool to hear, learn, and have fun with music
- is a site dedicated to inspiring kids to live a healthy lifestyle through imagination, education and movement. Students interact in moderate to vigorous activity accomplishing each week's 30 minute exhilarating mission while helping teachers satisfy State physical fitness mandates. Designed for the general education classroom each episode aligns to Next Generation
Sunshine State Standards
in core subjects giving teachers time and freedom to participate.
Teacher Recommended Sites
Teacher Website Submission
3/27/2017 - Gulf Gate Kindergarten Roundup
3/28/2017 - Restorative Strategies Staff Training
3/28/2017 - Alta Vista Kindergarten Roundup
3/29/2017 - Charter Applicant Orientation
3/30/2017 - Taylor Ranch Kindergarten Roundup
Click for Monthly Calendars
Featured Sarasota County Schools Photos